How to Develop a Results-Driven Onboarding Process to Accelerate Your Physicians’ Success
Why Onboarding is an Issue You Can’t Afford to Ignore
You may meet every recruiting and hiring goal you set, but if you can’t keep the physicians you hire longer than a few years, you’ll never be able to out-recruit your losses. It’s not unusual for a hospital to lose half the physicians it recruits over five years.
As frustrating as that statistic is on the surface, this attrition is also costly. Consider how much your organization spends to recruit and hire a single physician. Add the cost of a guaranteed salary during the new physician’s ramp-up time. Then consider the loss of revenue an unfilled position creates. This adds up to a number most hospitals can’t afford to bear.
Download this whitepaper to learn these five crucial reasons physicians are leaving hospitals and what you can do about it:
- Management does not seek or listen to medical staff input
- The physician’s spouse or children are unhappy
- Lack of tools or support to help the practice grow
- Low patient volume leading to fear of loss of professional skills or income after guaranteed salary
- Lack of processional interaction, support, or camaraderie with other physicians