Director of Engineering
- Live to deliver complex software products in record time?
- Want to provide technical leadership to a team of top-notch developers and technologists?
- Desire to have an impact on the leading physician relationship management and business intelligence products in healthcare?
Marketware is seeking a Director of Engineering to provide technical and operational leadership to a team of elite developers working to help make its amazing software products even more awesome. As a Director, you will lead the charge in developing elegant solutions to complicated problems. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire software development lifecycle including: project planning, resource allocation and capacity planning, implementation, software deployments and maintenance.
If you are passionate about delighting and dazzling customers, love building architecturally sound software products that scale, and have a proven track record of releasing innovative products that defy the status quo, then come and be a part of our amazing story.
What You’ll Do
- Apply front-end web, C#, and database skills and have an immediate, noticeable impact on the company’s products and customers
- Help organize and plan large development efforts and drive execution to planned deadlines
- Liaise with customers, product managers, sales, and customer service to promote great software design and quality
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead software development managers and architects to their optimum performance level
- Perform regular 1-on-1s with each team member you serve and support
- Champion innovation by devising new and surprising ideas for our products and software development processes
- Highly technical and able to understand technical topics related to commercial, SaaS, software development
- Expert knowledge of object oriented programming languages and web technologies
- Proven experience in resource allocation, strategic planning and risk/change management
- Extremely detail-oriented including excellent verbal and written English skills
- Passion and commitment to software excellence, and a practical sense of how to get it done
- Expertise in agile software development methodologies like XP and Scrum Typical Experience & Education
- 2 to 3 years in a professional software development management role
- 7 to 10 years in a professional software development role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
More About Us
Our team is always growing, learning and adapting–in and out of the office. You will be joining a team that is crazy smart. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve. We are self-driven, but team oriented. Our offices are highly collaborative and fun! To support you at work (and play), we offer some killer perks, including:
- Flexible hours, loads of time off, & awesome company-sponsored events
- Free food, drinks, & a fun, fulfilling work environment where you can perform your best work
- 401k with company match
- Health Insurance with a generous company contribution